This rule outlines the specific set of national security standards that are intended to protect health data when it is created, received, maintained, or transmitted electronically.
There are three parts to the HIPPA Security Rule:
- Administrative Safeguards: To meet HIPPA’s Administrative Safeguards, an organization needs to:
- Assign a privacy officer
- Complete an annual risk assessment
- Implement employee training
- Review policies and procedures
- Execute Business Associate Agreements (BAAs) with all partners who handle protected health information (PHI)
- Unique User IDs
- Emergency Access Procedure
- Automatic Logoff
- Encryption and Decryption
- Audit Controls
- Mechanism to Authenticate ePHI
- Integrity Controls
HIPAA compliant cloud hosting can help you avoid being faced with a HIPAA violation, which can reach a maximum penalty of $50,000 per violation, with an annual maximum of $1.5 million.
HIPAA-Compliant Web Hosting
UOTech provides HIPPA compliant web hosting for healthcare clients in Long Island and throughout the NY Metro Area. When you partner with UOTech, we provide you with a signed, legal Business Associates Agreement (BAA), promising to protect your electronic protected health information (ePHI) in accordance with the latest HIPAA regulations.
Our advanced, multi-layered services include:
- True HIPAA Guarantee and Compliance
- Complete Suite of Managed Services
- 24/7/365 Technical Support
- Up-to-Date Security
- State-of-the-Art Data Centers
To learn more about our HIPPA compliant cloud hosting services, call us today at 516-500-7780 or click here to send us a message.