At its core, cloud migration is a process in which an organization’s digital assets, services, databases, IT resources, and applications are either partially or wholly transferred into the cloud or moved from one cloud hosting service to another.
If you are planning to use cloud migration services, then your journey to a smooth and efficient migration starts with creating an effective cloud migration strategy.
Cloud Migration Strategy
When considering your cloud migration strategy, you need to take into consideration not only what it will take to get you to where you need to be, but also what happens after the migration is complete. For example, will you need to rebuild applications so they can perform optimally in the cloud and if so, what are your options for doing so?
Along your cloud migration journey, you will find that you will need to answer a variety of questions that you may not have anticipated. For this reason, partnering with an experienced provider of cloud migration services like UOTech can help you develop a custom cloud migration strategy that will help ensure that you are prepared to respond as needed whenever necessary.
With the right cloud migration strategy and effective planning, your organization can achieve the following benefits:
- Improved performance
- Increased agility and flexibility
- Reduction in costs
- Improved consumption management
- Cloud scalability
- Ability to innovate faster
- Easing of increasing resource demands
- Better managing of customer expectations
- Deliver immediate business results
- Simplify IT
- Shift to everything as-a-service
Cloud Migration Planning
When planning your cloud migration, you should evaluate your data against the seven common migration strategies for moving applications to the cloud. These strategies are called the 7 Rs and include refactor, replatform, repurchase, rehost, relocate, retain, and retire.
- Refactor: Typically involves porting an organization’s operating system and database
- Replatform: Involves moving applications to the cloud, and introducing measures to take advantage of the cloud’s capabilities
- Repurchase: Involves switching to a different product, such as moving from a traditional license to a SaaS model
- Rehost: Involves moving applications to the cloud without making any changes to take advantage of the cloud’s capabilities
- Relocate: Involves moving infrastructure to the cloud without purchasing new hardware, rewriting applications, or modifying existing operations
- Retain: Involves keeping your applications in your current source environment
- Retire: Involves decommissioning hardware or removing applications that are no longer needed in your source environment
UOTech’s cloud migration experts can help you understand each of these strategies, so you can plan a seamless migration and modernization to the cloud that is secure, agile, and cost-effective.
Migrate to AWS, Azure, or Google
Whether you want to migrate to AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud, UOTech maintains strong top-to-top relationships with every major cloud player in the industry.
- Want to migrate to AWS? UOTech’s talent, experience, and resources can help you take advantage of everything AWS’s services have to offer.
- Want to migrate to Azure? UOTech has a unique partnership with Microsoft that allows us to accelerate your migration to the Azure cloud.
- Want to migrate to Google Cloud? Google Cloud’s open platform and multi-cloud offerings give you the ability to integrate seamlessly into their current strategies and evolve their digital transformation as needs change and UOTech can help you take advantage of that flexibility and resiliency.
With UOTech, your migration to the cloud will give you the confidence and innovation you need to power your organization’s digital transformation in the fastest and most secure and sustainable way possible. To learn more about our cloud migration services, call us today at 516-500-7780 or click here to send us a message.